Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Never weedwhack with your mouth open.

Monday: I helped paint CrossRoads' new building. Not very exciting, but very hot.

Tuesday: Did street clean-up ministry. Most of the time was spent re-lining weedwhackers, but I had a few chances to take on the weeds myself. They were no match. Apparently I look like Eli Manning and Brady Quinn . . . ?

Wednesday: Worked on one of the houses under construction. I climbed a tall ladder and pried staples out of the exterior wall, and then used a nail gun to frame four second story windows. We were up on scaffolding and some contraption that rested on a couple of ladders. Uh . . . yeah. We only worked a half day, so after we cleaned up I went with 9 others to this place called Café Reconcile and had pot roast, which was super good. Then I took a nap in the afternoon and went to a local coffee shop in the evening. I didn't get anything at the coffee shop. Coffee is not good.

That's all.

4 comments:

Kathy T said...

You are so wrong - Coffee is definitely good. And someday you might marry a woman who knows how good coffee really is..... Glad you're having fun. Have you seen Eric yet? Love ya.

Unknown said...

I know this blog is for you too keep in touch, but really you taking a nap isn't that interesting. Though if you were a narcoleptic and kept a running count of every time you feel asleep during the day, that would be fun.

Uncle Denny Aunt Sharon said...

Matt. You are a man after my own heart. Speak softly and carry a big heart...a real servant is never afraid to work with his hands. I know Grandpa Ganz would tell you that also. Keep the faith, and we are proud of you and Peeper. I even knew who Bonzo was, another of the talking Ganz women. Uncle Denny and Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

coffee sucks! yeah!